We provide quality counseling and education for those interested in homeownership or improving their financial state. Our program is certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and our staff is trained by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA).
- Credit and Budget Counseling - ext. 223, 207
- Pre-Purchase Education Workshop - ext. 207
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Homeownership
• Budget Planning and Sustainability
• Mortgage Qualification
• Beginning the Purchase Process
• Loan Application Process
• Closing the Real Estate Transaction
• Taking Possession of the Home
• Home Repair & Maintenance
• Anti-Predatory Lending Practices
• 1st Time Homebuyer Programs
- Pre-Closing Workshop - ext. 207
- Foreclosure Prevention (see tab at left for more information) - ext. 207, 228
We are proud to work with the Erie County Human Relations Commission.
Check out the most updated Erie County Housing Resource Directory from Emerge2040!
Check out the "Our Partners" tab on the top to see who else SMC partners with for our programs.